Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I play for India and not for captains, says Yuvraj

I play for India and not for captains, says Yuvraj

KOLKATA: Rubbishing rumours that he refused to play under the leadership of co-player Suresh Raina, Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh Wednesday said he plays for India and not for captains of the cricket team.

"The question is totally baseless. I was badly ill. I have started training. It is totally baseless that I have denied playing under Suresh Raina. I play for India and my team, and not for any captain," said said Yuvraj while addressing a programme of 'Emotional Atyachaar - Season 3' here.

After he was dropped from the West Indies tour on medical grounds, there has been a buzz that Yuvraj has refused to play under the leadership of Raina who is junior to him in terms of experience and years of international cricket.

"I have played under Sourav, MS Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir. I have played under so many captains. And Gautam and MS came to the team five years after I got included in the team. There has been no such thing. I play for my country and not for captains," said Yuvraj.

Yuvraj also expressed his disappointment over being all alone during the tough times of his international career.

"In these ten years of international cricket, I have learnt many things that when you are successful and you are in limelight there are many people beside you. But when there are tough times, only near and dear ones stand beside you, otherwise you are all alone," said Yuvraj when asked whether the World Cup success has matured him more as human being.

Asked if there is a tussle going on between him and Salman Khan as both of them are the most eligible bachelors of the country, Yuvraj said: "I don't know what to say on that. I think he is the most eligible because he is a rock star. First, let him get married then I will also marry."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
google-site-verification: googled369cca6fe19a90a.html