Sunday, June 19, 2011

Abhay Deol ready to turn Item Boy soon

Abhay Deol

Actor Abhay Deol, who has finally mustered courage to sing and dance for his upcoming film ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’, is open to go one step further: an item song! At the same time, he feels that items songs have become a marketing gimmick.

“It is like if you have to promote your film then you need to have an item number.

It is about money but one must not forget creativity. I don’t find much originality in item songs because you remix old songs or have a basic hip-hop beat or you will have hip-hop dancers and then now of course trend is you want white women...white chicks in the background and hero and heroin in the middle,” Abhay told in an interview.

Mostly it is just rehashing, he said. When asked if he was game for an item song, like Shahrukh Khan’s ‘Dard-E-Disco’ in ‘Om Shanti Om’, Abhay said, “You never know...never say never. I am open to doing item songs...as long as it works for the film. But I would at least try and make the effort of making the number a bit more interesting and original in terms of visualising and placement.”

Directed by Zoya, ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ stars Abhay, Hrithik Roshan and Farhan Akhtar.

Abhay has sung the song ‘Senorita’ for the film. “I have sung in the film though I don’t sound like a professional singer. I was a bit nervous but the music directors Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy made it easy for me,” Abhay said.

The 35-year-old actor feels dancing is not required in every film.

“Dancing, I don’t like. It is not something I really want to do. I don’t mind trying singing....But dancing? No. I did it for this film as it helps because of the subject and the character it has. But you can’t have it in every film.”

“I associate song and dance with happiness. What if the film does not have much happiness and the character is stuck-up and he is too full of himself and is stiff...in that scenario suddenly singing and dancing kills the graph,” he said.
Releasing July 15, ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ also stars Katrina Kaif and Kalki Koechlin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
google-site-verification: googled369cca6fe19a90a.html