Excessive heat during the summers disturb the critical oil-water balance in the body. Too much of perspiration clogs the pores and exposure to the U.V. rays results in premature aging, wrinkles and sagging of the skin. Also there is a risk of skin cancer.
Freshen Up Your Skin
- Splash water on your skin in an interval of 2-3 hours.
- Gentle steaming of face helps in getting rid of the dirt on the face.
- Pat dry your face instead of rubbing it with towel.
- Use cleanser, then tone your face using a good toner and then rub ice piece on your face.
- Avoid caffeine and hard drinks.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take small but frequent meals and avoid protein rich diet.
- Use sunscreen of 30 SPF if you have fair sensitive skin.
- Do not use sunscreen after expiry date.
- Apply first coat of the sunscreen 20 minutes before going out in the sun and second coat of the sunscreen 20 minutes after going out in the sun.
- Reapply the sunscreen if you are out in the sun for a long time.
- Recoat the sunscreen after swimming or being in water.
- Try to do the heavy exercise in the cool hours like in the duration of 5-7 a.m.
- Use glayers to protect your eyes from the harmful U.V. rays.
- Infants under 6 month must be kept out of the sun.
- Sunrays can be equally hazardous in the cloudy day.