Saturday, July 9, 2011

Daniel Radcliffe: I am a huge Sachin Tendulkar fan.

Daniel Radcliffe

For one, he is a big fan of cricket and Sachin Tendulkar and not necessarily in that order. Daniel cherishes an autograph of the Master Blaster. "My friends and I were thrilled to meet Sachin and get his autograph. I am a huge fan, he is truly a legend."

"I wanted to visit India during the Cricket World Cup but got so caught up with my Broadway musical, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, that it left me with no time. But cricket or no cricket, I am certainly planning a trip to India soon," he told TOI.

The British actor knows a lot about India. He said, "I have heard and read a lot about India, especially Midnight's Children, and would like to know more about the country. Indians are huge cricket fans, just like me."

As the Harry Potter film series draws to a close, the actor wants to take home two pairs of glasses that his onscreen persona sports as a reminder of the memorable time he spent on the sets. "I will also take home friendship which will last me a lifetime."

Daniel has been portraying the boy wizard for nearly a decade. "I do not want to break my Harry Potter image, but have been trying other characters and hope the audience will like them the way they did Harry Potter." The actor is confident that his Harry Potter image will not come in the way of his future films. "I don't think of it, but one has to move on. My next film, The Woman in Black, will release in 2012."

The British actor knows about Shah Rukh Khan starrer Chak De. "I have watched a couple of Bollywood films and found them every entertaining."

Though Emma Watson, known for her portrayal of know-it-all Hermione Granger, is paired alongside Daniel in the film, he looks at her as his sister. "We have been working together for over a decade and are very good friends. In the beginning, we felt a little awkward doing the romantic scenes but both of us are professionals and we gave our shots."

So finally what does he have to say to all his fans. "I hope you've been satisfied with the films and I'm sorry we haven't been able to keep everything in. I think Harry Potter fans have a literary curiosity and imagination that is not necessarily associated with fans of all other big franchises, both past and present," said the actor. "Take that curiosity out into the world, do extraordinary things."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
google-site-verification: googled369cca6fe19a90a.html